Monday, December 02, 2002

Are you Generous?...

I've found in life that being generous is not a trait everyone has. I'm so glad that my mother instilled that value in me at an early age. I don't want money so bad that I have to betray my beliefs and values. I'd rather be broke then to sell my soul. It just isn't worth it. I can't find it in myself to take advantage of another human being. I would feel so guilty. Therefore, I'm generous. Maybe a little too generous. But I've often found that a closed hand can neither give or receive. In other words, how can you receive any blessings, if your hands are closed. If you give a bum on the street $3.00, it doesn't matter what that bum does with it. All that matters is your intention and your heart. GOD doesn't judge you by another's actions. So if the bum used that money to get high or drunk, so what. That's between that person and GOD. It's not your matter to be concerned with. If you give $15 to a church and the pastor is stealing money, so what. Your heart was in the right place. GOD knows this and will bless you for your generosity. If you keep your hand open, you will see that GOD will continue to bless you. It might not be next week, or next month, but you will be blessed for keeping others in your thoughts and prayers. Remember that yall...
And give a dollar every now and then. You might get it back ten fold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home